I chose this particular lesson plan as I found it quite interesting and creative for students. This lesson focused on having students be able to recall mitosis in order to understand meiosis. I did not find many gaps between the lesson plan and the standards needed to be met. The lesson focused on adapting concepts and having students work together to compare and contrast ideas. I did find a gap in the use of technology however. The original lesson used only called for the overhead projector, however I believe the world wide web would be a great resource for students during this lesson. The use of the internet would be a benefit for students because it would allow them to do research on the topic they are learning about to help them recall one strategy and then apply their new finding to other strategies. I think I can use Mind Meister in the classroom to create information webs for students to help them follow along with information they are learning. My overall impression of Mind Meister was decent however I found it very difficult to navigate through and create a well organized web. I had to create webs and make many different corrections to get everything structure. I would use this website again because I think with a little practice it will only get easier to use and quite useful.

No comments:
Post a Comment